#NYFW Prabal Gurung Spring 2014 - Pastel Deco to Play With

Prabal Gurung always amazes me with what ever pattern he decides to play with on a woman's form. This time its a sort of 40s pop art I felt, with the pastels adorning it, the full on skirt length, the shoes being sexy to offset the maiden length, and the overall whismical mixed nature it represented.

My personal favorite was the jacket with the pastel, print, and black and white tedencies. I mean a little of everything and the boxy and lax shape of the jacket can be sported for a fun flair with any spring outfit.
Images from The Cut

Oh the mixed patterns and colors so complementary and yet futuristic at the same time. I pictured Disney movie Zenon:Girl of the 21 century as I watched it unfold and compared it with the likes of dada german art of the 40s. I quite like the direction this collection took and am well inspired to make my own rendition of it.



~Kaye Beeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.