Recap of Saturday's NYAF/NYCC Festivites

I will definitely upload pics later but I cant find the cord! Dang it.

Woke up 8am, had problems at the post office then headed over the big 'ol city for the big 'ol Javitz Center. Decided to walk it though, instead of getting on a full bus. More breeze through the hair and people watching yay!


Reached there and immediately met with my set of buddies. Got another sample of tissues for signing up for a free month of Japanese lessons and more vitamin water.

One thing I truly noticed about this year was the record amount of people that showed up just for Saturday alone. I understand that Saturday is huger than Friday and Sunday combined. But I digress...

There is was not that much free-swag this year. Everything was a pay-as-you-go deal.
Went to a Japanese Airline panel where I saw.... :O

Guess........ its Kanon! In person! I was standing next to him as he was walking to the next room for the next press conference panel about what is new in his music. YUM.

A lot of panels going on. One for a very important announcement between Stan Lee & Yoshiki of X-Japan fame.

I never got to go to much panels because I spent time at booths buying missing parts to my costume, DOMO HOODIE!, comic book, dvds, and just having a great chat with booth organizers. They are the only ones who I believe came readily on guard!

DC comics Luncheon, DC talent search, viewings, Minori Chihara concert (which I could not bother with and whatever), other outdoor concerts this year up at the Roseland Ballroom for Boom Boom Satellites, X-Japan, Puffy Ami Yumi, VAMPS, and a few others! AMAZING.

The amount of people made it congested after a while. The only thing about this year it felt unorganized and felt many in confusion.

I wearing the Press Badge, had many folks come upto me asking where was: food, the bathroom, press office, IGN theater, Panel rooms, the Masquerade, my life.

LOL I had to add in "my life", I guess that one is for me.

I dressed up as Soi Fong, 2nd Division Captain, from Bleach. Sans the hair, I made it too curly, I looked like Shirley Temple on drugs. (LMAO!) I stayed all day until 7:30 I said, "Line for Masquerade is too long, forget that..." Went up. Curled up in blanket and thought of tmrw. I did not get to go tomorrow again, boo I missed Sunday!

Other than that I loved the idea of bringing them together. But please organize it better.

Other than that I had a great time and can not wait for next year again.


~~Kaye Beeh.

P.S.-- Stan Lee & Yoshiki are coming up with a musicial comic book hero series which will also be visual as well as technological. Two legends coming together = great success.

1 comment:

  1. Is it just me or they might kill off NYAF in the future?

    I posted my thoughts about this at:
    http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/1300806600/nycc-nyaf-afterthoughts

    Overall, I had a lot of fun. Mostly because I love pop culture in general. In any case, as you said, they just need to organize things better for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.