#NYFW Day 2 Highlights: Cut and Sewn

Day two of even colder temperatures that have relegated me to stay indoors and not venture off anywhere. But the clothing speaks for themselves.

From Wu to Ochs, there is plenty to sort through.

At Cushnie et Ochs: While, I do admire their cut geometry and sexy silhouettes, once again, this collection was a little bit safe at best. But I do like the new takes besides the cuts, the revealed decolletage shoulder, which is like the new leg slit (I call it from now). And the red carpet worthy dresses for the young startlets of right now, its solid but a tad bit safe. These are my favorites though:

At Jason Wu: Once again, simplicity without doing too much is the theme. I did like the tinges of yellow and separates like the plaid geo pants and the fur wispy wool coat. I think his work at Hugo Boss is manifesting in his regular collection now for sure. A little boring but solid, very nice pieces in this collection.


At Yigal Azrouel: Bob Dylan anyone? I absolutely loved this collection. It was what Karen Walker started on in 2007 and what Coach under Stuart Veviers tried to continue but Yigal definitely finished it. The silhouettes, the necklines, the various print work, the cuts, the textures, and fun elements all meshed so well together. I wanted everything.


At Zimmermann: Playing on the cultural melting pot with loose silhouettes, the collection was laden with berber chic pants, sporty elements, 90s styling, and cute prints that makes one envy. From the beauty look of the sleekback hair and middle part, down to the strong cheekbones and dewy bare face, they hit the nail right on the head. The ethereal print mixing is enviable. I wanted everything from this collection. One of the strongest Day 2 shows, in my opinion.

Overall Day 2 had its highs and lows, and I am truly celebrating it all, everyone had good looks some bold, some sleek, some safe, and some necessary.

~Kaye Beeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.