#NYFW Day 1 - Desigual Fun in the Punk Sun!

Once again, Desigual showed a solid and fun collection of what fashion and capturing the spirit of various women are, not only by personality and era but also by city!

Women, like the many cities we travel to and live in, are ever-changing and endlessly alluring; gleaming in the morning and glowing in the evening. Inspired by the city of Barcelona, BCN, La Ciudad Condal, the charming Mediterranean port town that’s always been home for DESIGUAL, this collection encapsulates the many styles of a women.

The brand collaborated with stylist Misha Janette, who used her eclectic style to showcase the daring, fearless, and irreverent woman according to DESIGUAL. Lauro Samblas’, an artist from Barcelona, used colorful pop-inspired collages tapping into his boundless creative freedom to create the backdrop for the collection.

I felt like it was a mediterranean Spanish meets American walking canvas of organic prints, shapes, and lines. I mean shirts worn as skirts, various punk like looks, collageful prints that envelop in front of our eyes. Not to mention the availability of wearable art in terms of casual or NYC going out looks, amazing!

These are some of my favorite looks! Especially that denim with the white paint pattern! I smell a DIY.
Images via Deb Hughes Inc.


I mean this show was so much fun that there was two models that were walking down the runway with selfie sticks! Boy would I love to have that video they took! I mean its collections like these that help breath life into fashion and how one can find fun, personal style, develop one's own motif and style from what they see and are inspired by. We cant be minimalist-chic all of the time.

I salute the designers and stylists of this SS '16 season to the highest honor, thank you!

And of course, if you wanted a closer look, here are some images backstage.

Its all in the details:


~Kaye Beeh

1 comment:

  1. There were times in my life when I didn't like Desigual but I have to admit this is really an amazing collection and I like the looks you show here. Have a wonderful weekend!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.