Retrospect: Mansur Gavriel Bags

I never really understood the hype behind the minimalist and successful Mansur Gavriel bags, by the design duo, Rachel Mansur and Floriana Gavriel. They are almost always sold out everywhere, they had tote and bucket bags which they are known for at a fair leather price point. But then I started to really look at them when they presented new shapes for this Fall 2015 coming up.


They are bringing Fold over flap crossbody bags in new colors like forest green, pretty pink, and a creamy white and of course a courier style shoulder bag/backpack.
Image via nymag

I expect the price points to be a bit higher on these but I think they will become even more popular. I do like the new bag shapes more but I can sort of taste the hype behind them. I have yet to see one in person, maybe I might feel differently then and get obsessed? Who knows? The point is I understand the hype since we all have the flashy bags and want something subdued but looks like a million bucks and you can carry it around forever. I get it :)

~Kaye Beeh




4 comments:

  1. Kaye, I have not seen these bags but I do love a good colored bag and I like the cross body styles ♡ .. Have a lovely weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their bucket bags. It will be interesting to see which bag from their new collection will become the It bag. It was great to check in and see what you have been posting about. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a coloured bag is enrichting each life and I love what you show here!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.