Lela Rose Spring/ Summer 2011 --NYFW DAY 4

I got up early and went to the Lela Rose show today. I checked in and got my ticket to go into standing. Then I was told there was space in the row to sit.. So I sat in the 4th row. :) Oh how cool.

I saw Christian Siriano there, Linda Fargo from Bergdorf Goodman, Ken Downing from Saks Fifth Avenue, and a few other influentials and icons.

I got the show program and everything about 34 looks in total at Lela Rose, which were inspired by Lima, Peru. The drappery, the architecture, the vibrant colors, mixture of the old and the new, and the textiles of the South American nation inspired this whole collection.


Unforunately, my camera phone was not working well and my Nikon is being repaired. The beauty look at Lela Rose was a messy Side braid, which was chic and lovely lips. It made the show have a princessy, romantic feel.

I definitely could tell the difference between a Milly and a Lela Rose. Milly and Lela Rose is about the femininity of the female power yet Milly is more about the girl essence and focus solely on the ultra feminine girl for example, Blair Waldorf. The encarnation of dresses and on every Gossip Girl episode, she looks very refined, sure of herself, and knows what she wants. That is essentially the Milly girl. Fun yet serious Milly girl. Lela Rose is usually Romantic yet the whole collection does not compare of dresses and endless dresses. The Lela Rose girl is more laid back, looks awesome in whatever she wears. If it be cut, the skin is golden. Okay, both are cultured to many effects yet my babble will go on and on in circles.

The vibe of the show was terrific. If put next to the Alexander Wang show, it was much brighter. The models were very gracious and yet fiesty. The whole show made me feel like I was in Central America but literally.

The caught a glimpse of the shoes, they are to be available for purchase this Spring 2011, as they are the Lela Rose x Payless shoes for this season.


Towards the ending, I ran into a few people and one of them being Linda Fargo, oh my god, my heart nearly stopped.

Well I went outside and entered a contest. So lets see if I win. Then went to the TRESemme' Center for an impromtu photo shoot. This is a bit of a bad picture. It was the first one, I was a little nervous.I was wearing my Vintage find Christian Dior Blazer, Gap Slimline jeans, Vintage Lace-up militia-style boots, Lela Rose dotted top , and Aquamarine striped button up shirt.

At the end of the day, I just had to switch to my alternate shoes which were these:So comfy, yet chic. Michael Kors saves your feet.

Happy STARBUCKS VANILLA FRAPPE.

~~Kaye Beeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.