New York Fashion Week: The Designer State of Mind

Now that we are nearing NYFW which is next week, I am sifting through requests, the official designer inspirations boards, and pinterest boards.

The most inspiring and interesting Designer Boards that I am so amped for are below!
My thoughts of what we are going to imagine:

[The real designer inspiration images are n the The Cut at NY Magazine online, but I felt this images come to mind truly of what my impressions are]

Cynthia Rowley "New York", I am so excited to see the New York I know, for its glamourous outer shell and the yet the gritty existence that we as New Yorkers share. The realness of New York, the past, present and future. Knowing you can do so much of anything in the city and yet feel so experienced and like a veteran.

Suno "Modern Americana", The modern woman mixed in with her love of prints and patterns that drift back into the plaids and paisleys.

Jill Stuart "Opulent", The shock value of wealth and looking like a million dollars. I envision Byzantium and Ancient Greece, not sure why!

Christian Siriano "Ballerina", If he can design so many to die for dresses, the ballerina should be as dramatic, imagine the Red shoes and so much emotion involved in that dance. Organza, Organza, and tons of Draping in the right places, I expect. Emotional yet beautiful. Graceful yet strong.

Anna Sui "Castaing" To design your place to your mood is amazing but what if you wear something that reflects where you live. The patterns and prints here will be heavy, I cant wait.

Reem Acra "Music", Pulsating vibes and rhythms, I cant wait to see how this translates into their clothing.

Band of Outsiders "Battle Royale", One of the best Japanese Films of all time, the savagery of school age teens released to kill all or be killed. The principles of it I cant wait to see it translated onto the runway.

Whitney Eve "Matter", All of what is around us is art, cant wait for that to translate into the clothing.

Song Jun Wan " Sunshine", The epitome of life and light, best time of the day sometimes is the sunshine, so bright and promising. Feelings of freedom and weightlessness.


Honor "Fiber-Optics" Thinking about the foundations of ourselves, the structure of reality and movements. I cant wait.

Bibhu Mohapatra "Metamorphosis", Changing of the season and the start of a new beginning!~

Lela Rose "Reflection", Something new, reflecting on the good and bad times of the past. Emerging past all for a bright future. Mirror Images.


Rebecca Minkoff "Bon Vivant", Living for Life. The amazing ways people express themselves because its only one live, so we should live it. Enjoying every minute as if its our last.

Tadashi Shoji "Modern Silk Road", The refined woman with traditions and future thoughts. This should be a good show for Spring, the colors are going to be amazing.


I have a feeling the showings for Spring/Summer are going to exhibit patterns and colors that we cant imagine. I guarantee, a couple of designers are going to do the earthy jewel tone route with some mixed in prints.

What do you guys think? Let me know! :D

~Kaye Beeh
Your one and only.

1 comment:

Xoxo, Thanks for reading.